The aims & objectives of the Nomads Golf Club of South Africa can be summarised as follows:
- To encourage and promote, foster and support the game of golf and in particular to provide a source of service as may be used for the benefit of golf in Southern Africa.
- To generate funds which may be distributed in the furtherance of golf and to such charitable causes as the Members of Nomads may deem proper.
- To provide an opportunity for Members in all walks of life to meet one another at least once a month in order to make and/or cement new and/or old friendships.
- To work in harmony with any recognised Golf Union wheresoever and to obtain for all Members of Nomads the advantages and benefits of such a relationship.
- To be affiliated to any recognised Golf Union wheresoever.
- To do anything that may be expedient, necessary or desirable to further the aims and objects of Nomads or which may be incidental thereto, including the appointment or removal of Honorary or paid officials of Nomads and the formation of a Company formed in terms of the provisions of Section 21 of the Companies Act or any other Non-Profit Organisation or Corporate body for the purpose of furthering the "Aims and Objectives" of Nomads.
Further, since these aims and objectives were laid down we have seen a global expansion of the Nomads movement, and in line with this Nomads Golf Club of South Africa actively seeks to foster and support the global growth of new Clubs, seeing this as an active and very important extension of its aims and objectives in environments other that its primary area of operation being Southern Africa.